Services for Users with Disabilities
UW-W is committed to serving the disabled members of the university community, and the library contributes to this mission by offering a number of services to the disabled.
- Handicapped parking stalls are located near the courtyard entrance to the building on the lower level. Wheelchair accessible doors provide easy entry to the building and an elevator inside the entrance provides access to the second level.
- The main floor also has handicapped access from the mall level.
- A separate elevator is available within the library.
- Circulation desk will help to retrieve material or photocopy material for disabled users on request.
- Accessibility software including:
- Jaws 7.1
- Kurzweil 3000
- Read and Write 7
- ZoomText 9
- Adaptive equipment
Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP) provides access to over 4,000 captioned videos and other media. For more information call 800-237-6213 (voice), 800-237-6819 (TTY) or visit www.dcmp.org.
Please see the Assistive Technology Center of Center for Students with Disabilities web site for additional information. This service provides adaptive computer equipment, software and training/assistance on assistive technology use.