Using Andersen Library
Please note that Library policies are intended to help maintain an environment that is conducive to study and research.
Andersen Library is open to the public. However, children under the age of 16 must be under the direct supervision of an accompanying adult. Exceptions to this are made for children participating in recognized University of Wisconsin-Whitewater programs and K-12 visiting classes.
Service animals are welcome in Andersen Library, however, comfort and therapy animals are not allowed outside of scheduled events hosted by the Library. Service animals must be on leashes at all times. Please refer to the Service Animal Policy in the University Policies & Resources Handbook: http://www.uww.edu/policies/service-animal-policy
Hoverboards, skateboards or other similar wheeled devices are not allowed to be used in Andersen Library. Please refer to the Skating and Bicycling Policy in the University Policies & Resources Handbook: http://www.uww.edu/policies/skating-and-bicycling
- The Library’s first and third floors are designated for quiet study (no talking, no phone usage, no sound on computers).
- The Library’s second/main floor is appropriate for talking, cell phone usage, and sound on computers. Most group study rooms are located on this floor. The group study rooms may be reserved, but otherwise are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with preference given to groups over individual study.
- Request permission in advance from the Library Director for filming or photography in Andersen Library.
- Food and drink, although allowed in Andersen Library, may cause damage to Library materials and furnishings for which the patron may be held responsible.
- Theft or mutilation of materials is a misdemeanor or felony and covered by Wisconsin Statute 943.61.
- A valid university ID card or community borrower's card is required to check out materials that circulate (newspapers, magazines, and microforms do not circulate).
- The patron on whose card an item is checked out is responsible for that item. Materials checked out and not returned on time will be assessed overdue fines. For items checked out and lost, the user must pay replacement costs and fines.
- Students, staff and faculty may access online Library resources and services from within the Library or remotely using their Net-ID and password. Non-university patrons may use most online resources from Library computers. Please see the Library Computer Use Policy for additional information.
All security incidents will be reported to University officials. Andersen Library also reserves the right to suspension of library privileges.
Revised by Library Team 02/16/2016.
These guidelines are intended to help maintain an environment in Andersen Library that is conducive to study and research, and protects such use of the Library from disruption by filming and photography activities. In addition, “We protect each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired, or transmitted,” per Article Three of the American Library Association’s Code of Ethics<http://www.ifmanual.org/codeethics>.
As a matter of courtesy, please avoid filming/photography of:
- Children (or seek permission from adult(s) accompanying the children)
- Displays on Library users' computer monitors or research materials at Library users' work spaces, and
- Faces (or seek permission from identifiable individuals).
Please request permission from the Library Director in advance, providing information including
- Name and contact information of the requestor,
- Campus or other affiliation, e.g., UWW student,
- Purpose of the project, e.g., specify the course for which this is an assignment,
- Proposed date(s), time(s), and location(s) in the Library.
Once requests are approved by the Director, public services staff will be notified. Please stop at the Circulation Desk on the day of filming to let the staff on duty know that you have arrived.
Approved, University Library Services Committee, 11/16/2015
- Using Andersen Library
- Borrowing & Returning Library Materials
- Fines & Charges for Lost Materials
- Library Computer Use Policy
- Telephone Use Policy
- Television Use Policy
- Library Instruction Lab Policy
- Public Service for Electronic Depository Publications Policy
- Library Security Policy
- User Privacy & Requests for User Information Policy
- Requests for Information from Library Staff Policy