Library Security Policies
Security Gate Procedure
- Library patrons are called back to the circulation desk when the security gate sounds.
- Library patrons are asked if they have materials from the library that are not checked out.
- If Andersen Library-owned materials are found on the patron or in the patron's belongings that are not checked out or non-circulating, a security report is completed.
- The security report is given to the Circulation Coordinator, copied, and sent to Student Life Assistant Dean.
- Student Life office personnel contacts the patron, discusses the incident, and decides if further action is necessary.
When student misconduct is reported to the Circulation Desk, the Circulation Coordinator will complete, copy, and forward Security Reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Life. The Student Life office personnel contacts the patron, discusses the incident, and decides if further action is necessary. Examples of student misconduct may include, but are not limited to:
- Excessive noise or other disruptive or inappropriate behavior
- Marking in or vandalizing library resources and equipment
- Threatening behavior or unwanted attention toward another individual
- Using Andersen Library
- Borrowing & Returning Library Materials
- Fines & Charges for Lost Materials
- Library Computer Use Policy
- Telephone Use Policy
- Television Use Policy
- Library Instruction Lab Policy
- Public Service for Electronic Depository Publications Policy
- Library Security Policy
- User Privacy & Requests for User Information Policy
- Requests for Information from Library Staff Policy