Library Security Policies
Security Gate Procedure
- Library patrons are called back to the Circulation Desk when the security gate sounds.
- Library patrons are asked if they have materials from the Library that are not checked out.
- If Andersen Library-owned materials are found, on the patron or in the patron's belongings, that are not checked out or are non-circulating, a security report is completed.
- The security report is given to the Head of Circulation and a copy is forwarded to the Dean of Students Office.
- The Dean of Students Office will contacts the patron, discusses the incident, and decides if further action is necessary.
When student misconduct is reported to the Circulation Desk, the Head of Circulation will complete a security report and forward a copy of the report to the Dean of Students Office. Personnel from that department will contact the student to discuss the incident and decides if further action is necessary. Examples of student misconduct may include, but are not limited to:
- Excessive noise or other disruptive or inappropriate behavior
- Marking in or vandalizing Library resources and equipment
- Threatening behavior or unwanted attention toward another individual
- Using Andersen Library
- Borrowing & Returning Library Materials
- Fines & Charges for Lost Materials
- Library Computer Use Policy
- Telephone Use Policy
- Television Use Policy
- Library Instruction Lab Policy
- Public Service for Electronic Depository Publications Policy
- Library Security Policy
- User Privacy & Requests for User Information Policy
- Requests for Information from Library Staff Policy