News & Events
Events for 2016-2017
Andersen Library Student Book Club
Andersen Library Student Book Club features topics related to diversity and one book is discussed each semester. This semester we are reading Fairyland by Alysia Abbott. Discussion will be facilitated by Stephanie Selvick, LGBT* Coordinator, and James Castrillo, Reference Librarian (Women's & Gender Studies and History)
Light snacks are provided. The event is located by the Andersen Library's big screen tv area, just past the cafe.
To register, visit http://bit.ly/2dhmLM1
- October 20, 2016 from 5-6pm - Books will be dispersed to participants (free copies). Discussion will focus on introducing the book and providing insight into what life was like during the time period for LGBT* individuals.
- October 27, 2016 from 5-6pm - Discussion of the first half of Fairyland by Alysia Abbott
- November 3, 2016 from 5-6pm – Discussion of the second half of Fairyland by Alysia Abbott
Backpack to Briefcase Series
Backpack to Briefcase is a series of events designed to assist students in the transition from college to work. These events are facilitated by Career and Leadership Development and are co-sponsored by Andersen Library.
- October 4, 2016 from 5-5:45pm – How to Work a Career Fair
- October 26, 2016 from 5-5:45pm - Workplace Fit
- November 29, 2016 from 5-5:45pm – Gender in the Workplace
International Games Day - November 11, 2016
Join us for video game tournaments, board games, food, prizes, and more! More information coming soon. Want to get involved? Email Rebecca at JonesRL@uww.edu.
Once a month, students are invited to have fun and be creative at Andersen Library. Have an idea for a future project? Let us know by emailing us at LibraryPR@uww.edu.
- September 26, 2016 from 1-4pm – CD Case storage
- October 24, 2016 from 1-4pm - Fall room decorations
- November 28, 2016 from 1-4pm – Old map origami and room decorations
Money Smart Mondays
Money Smart Mondays are monthly roundtables designed to give you the skills you need to manage your money. These monthly roundtables will be held on the
last Monday of every month. All sessions will take place in Andersen Library Room 1105.
- September 26, 2016 from 4-5pm - Leasing an Apartment - Hear current students talk about their experiences with leasing in Whitewater. Also, become aware of potential scams associated with renting.
- October 31, 2016 from 3-4pm - Understanding Your Credit Score
- November 28, 2016 from 3-4pm – Avoiding Scams During the Holiday Season
Pet Therapy at Andersen Library
Pet therapy dogs are waiting for you to come spend time with them and forget about life's daily stresses! Join us across from the Circulation desk on the main library floor from NOON - 2p.m. on select dates:
- Mon, Sept. 12
- Tues, Sept. 20
- Mon, Sept. 26
- Tues, Oct. 4
- Mon, Oct. 10
- Tues, Oct. 18
- Mon, Oct. 24
- Tues, Nov. 1
- Mon, Nov. 7
- Tues, Nov. 15
- Mon, Nov. 21
- Tues, Nov. 29
- Mon, Dec. 5
- Mon, Dec. 12
- Tues, Dec. 13
- Weds, Dec. 14
- Thurs, Dec. 15
- Mon, Dec. 19
- Tues, Dec. 20
Resume Doctor at Andersen Library
Career and Leadership Development is again holding Resume Doctor sessions in Andersen Library! Stop by with your resume to have it professionally reviewed! No appointments necessary. Located on the second floor of Andersen Library near the Circulation Desk.
- Tues, Sept. 27
- Weds, Sept. 28
- Thurs, Sept. 29
Can't wait? Call C&LD at 262.472.1471 to set up an appointment any time!
Try-It Tuesdays (UHCS)
Try-It Tuesday is a biweekly event put on by the University Health and Counseling Services. Free samples of snack foods are brought in to give students ideas for healthy snacking alternatives and are provided to combat the stereotype of unhealthy foods on college campuses.
- Fall 2016 dates coming soon!
- 3:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.