(Approved by the Library and Learning Resources Advisory Committee February 1989; rev. 11/23/04; rev. 12/12/14)
- Gifts may be accepted for Andersen Library by the Library Director or his/her designee.
- Andersen Library will not accept any gift with special restrictions or conditions attached to it. The Library reserves the right to evaluate, select and dispose of the gift in the best interest of the University.
- In accordance with the ALA/ACRL "Statement on Appraisal of Gifts", Andersen Library will not appraise any gift to the library.
- A letter of acknowledgement will be sent to the donor upon request. However, Andersen Library will not provide the donor with an itemized list of all items received. If a list is provided by the donor, the receipt of the items will be acknowledged by Andersen Library.
- Gift items that are added to the collection must meet the established criteria for library material selection and collection development.
- Acceptance of gifts and selection of gift materials for the collection will be done in consultation with appropriate faculty and librarians.
- Gifts of funds for library collection materials are always welcome. The donor may suggest a subject area and the librarian will select the titles.
I have read the above gift policy and agree that my gifts will be given in accordance with its provisions.
Donor Name (Printed):___________________________________________
City: _________________________ State:__________ Zip Code:_________
Phone Number: _________________________ E-Mail: _________________
____ I wish to receive a letter of acknowledgement.
Donor Signature: __________________________________ Date:________
Received for the Andersen Library by: _______________________________
Library Staff: Please make a copy of this completed form for the donor to take home. The original should accompany the gifts down to the gift coordinator in Technical Services.
Collection Development Policy
- I. Purpose of Collection Development Policy
- II. Missions
- III. Budget Allocations
- IV. Selection Responsibility
- V. General Guidelines
- VI. Additional Guidelines
- VII. Leased Collection
- VIII. Maintenance of the Collection
- IX. Collection Evaluation
- X. Resource Sharing
- XI. Gifts
- XII. Copyright Law
- XIII. Collecting Level
- XIV. Collection Development Advisory Committee