Table of Contents:
|News | Databases | Websites|
Library Subscription Databases
- ERIC (EBSCOhost)
The ERIC database is the world 's largest source of education information. The database contains more than 950,000 abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice. Andersen Library owns the microfiche set of the ERIC ED documents, and some are available partial/full text on the Internet.
- Education Full Text
Covers 423 core international periodicals, monographs, and yearbooks. Topics include a wide range of contemporary education issues. Includes abstracts from January 1994 and indexing from June 1983. Full-text coverage begins in January 1996.
PsycINFO contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, and books in psychology, as well as psychological aspects of related disciplines, such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law. Includes PsycLit database.
Produced by the National Library of Medicine, Medline covers all aspects of biomedicine including nursing, dentistry and veterinary medicine. It contains citations and abstracts, beginning in 1966, from over 3,800 journals published in the United States and 70 other countries.
PubMedCentral is a repository for life sciences journals, sponsored by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Access to PMC is free and unrestricted.
OrphaNet is a database dedicated to information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
A cluster of databases from the National Library of Medicine on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas.
- The Division for Early Childhood
- Council for Exceptional Children
- National Association for the Education of Young People (NAEYC)
- Autism Society of America
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Council for Children with Behavior Disorders
- National Down Syndrome Society
- What Works Clearinghouse
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and Gifted Education
- Child Development Institute
- National Center to Improve Practice in Special Education
- National Mental Health Association (Mental Health America)
- ASL Access
- Disability Online
- Disabilities Statistics Center
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
- Open Directory - Reference: Education: Special Education
- Special Education from Education World
Last Reviewed: sc 12/21/09