Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I cannot make it to the ARC while it is open?
When the ARC is closed, a limited amount of microfilm material is available:
- Pre-1907 Birth, Marriage, and Death Registration Records for Jefferson, Rock, and Walworth Counties.
Search pre-1907 Wisconsin Vital Records online at the Wisconsin Historical Society website.
- Wisconsin State Census Records for Jefferson, Rock, and Walworth Counties (1855, 1875, 1885, 1895, 1905)
- Federal Census Records for Jefferson, Rock, and Walworth Counties (1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1920)
- Naturalization Records for Jefferson, Rock, and Walworth Counties
- County Histories: (Jefferson, Rock, Walworth)
To use these records when the library is open but the ARC is closed, ask at the Reference Desk.
I can't visit the ARC in person. Will you do some research for me? How much do you charge for research requests?
The Special Collections/Area Research Center/Archives staff will do research for distant patrons when staff is available. Please view Special Collections Research Fees for Remote Patrons.
How much do you charge for copies/scans?
Special Collections/Area Research Center/Archives staff will charge in the office $.10/page with UWW-ID or $0.25/page for general public copies or scans.