The Library has two collaboratories for student use on the first floor. These spaces are designed to facilitate group work and provide the technology needed in order to brainstorm, practice presentations and work together on projects.
Reserving a Library Collaboratory
- A valid UWW ID is required to reserve a room.
- Rooms are available to groups of 2 or more students.
- Rooms are available on a first come first served basis. Room preference cannot always be guaranteed.
- A room may be used for up to a maximum of four hours.
- Groups may make recurring reservations for up to four consecutive weeks at one time.
- Same day reservations must be made more than four hours in advance.
- The group activity should be academically related and may not be used for entertainment purposes.
- Charges will be incurred for damaged or altered equipment.
- Reservations can be made in person at the Circulation Desk or via telephone (262-472-5511).
- Rooms may be reserved up to one month in advance. Advance reservations are preferred.
NOTE: Five collaboratories are also available in the Andersen General Access Lab (262-472-1994).
Using a Library Collaboratory
- A valid UWW ID is required to checkout any of the equipment for this room.
- Special equipment may be used in the room only with prior approval.
- All equipment checked out to the group must be returned in the same condition in which it was checked out. Group members will be liable for any damaged or missing equipment.
- No food or drink is allowed in the rooms.
- All other facility rules for the Lab or Library apply for the Collaboratory Rooms.
- Assistance and training on use of facilities is available at any staffed service desk in the Library.
- Please leave meeting rooms as they are found. If the furniture is rearranged, it should be returned to the original arrangement at the end of the meeting.
- Permission to use the meeting rooms may be withheld from people failing to comply with these policies, and from any group that abuses the room, carpet, equipment, furniture, or causes a disturbance to other lab patrons.
NOTE: Rooms are routinely monitored by Library staff.
L1122 Collaboratory is equipped with:
- A desktop computer connected to the Internet and equipped with the same software as a lab computer, as well as Smartboard software
- A projector connected to the desktop computer
- A Smartboard for projection and collaborative note-taking. Please go to the Circulation Desk to check out Smartboard accessories, and for help using the Smartboard.
- Wireless connection to the Internet.
- Seating for approximately eight people.
L1123 Collaboratory is equipped with:
- A television monitor that can be connected to a laptop or tablet.
- Wireless connection to the Internet
- Seating for approximately five people
NOTE: Patrons may use their own laptops, but UWW is in no way responsible for any loss or damage to personal equipment.