Recognition of Scholarship & Creative Achievements
Annually, the Library co-sponsors with the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and Crossman Gallery a reception and exhibit of works recognizing faculty and staff for their scholarship and creative achievements of the previous academic year. The purpose of the event is twofold:
- to promote a free exchange of ideas;
- to encourage and stimulate further research and creative activity.
|The Twenty-seventh Annual Recognition Reception will take place on Tuesday, November 25, 2014, from 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. in the Crossman Gallery. The exhibit is open for viewing on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and 6 p.m.-8 p.m. The Committee requested that all nominations and documentation be forwarded to Sharon Knight (L1125D) no later than the deadline October 3, 2014. Recognition is for achievements accomplished between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014 ONLY. For further information contact: Sharon Knight at 472-5515.|
The criteria for the selection of those contributions to be recognized are:
- Recognition will be given for any number of works per person, in any medium
- The work(s) must be scholarly in nature and contribute to the advancement of knowledge and research in the field
- The work must have been positively reviewed by peers or authorities in the field, such as passing an editorial review board, presenting a work in a juried show, being reviewed in other than local sources, appearing in a refereed journal, etc.
- The department/unit sets its own selection standards and the department chair should approve submissions.
- Publicity about the event shall be forwarded to all University personnel through such media as emails and letters to each college department or unit.
- WORKS ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION SHALL HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED/PREPARED/PRESENTED WITHIN THE PAST ACADEMIC YEAR.
- Nominations/recommendations for recognition shall be accepted from any department/unit.
- All nominations/recommendations for recognition must be forwarded through the department/unit chair.
- All University staff shall be eligible.
- Nominees must be presently employed at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
- Works resulting from an individual's avocational interests will be considered if scholarly in nature and approved by their department/unit.
- Supporting documentation (original copy of the article, book, etc) when available, shall accompany each nomination.
- For the recognition event, the nominees should submit an original copy of the article, book, poster display, artwork, etc. for display purposes.
- All materials submitted will be returned after the recognition event.
- Nominations should be accompanied by citation information for each item, preferrably submitted electronically.