XIV. Collection Development Advisory Committee
- The Committee is advisory in nature.
- It will assist the Collection Manager in formulating and implementing policies and procedures for collection management. This should include not only collection development and acquisitions policies but also weeding, gift, and preservation policies.
- It will assist the Collection Manager in evaluating the library's collections to determine areas of strength and weakness.
- It will assist the Collection Manager in determining the instructional and research needs of the University.
- It will assist the Collection Manager in establishing collection development priorities.
- Collection Manager (Chair)
- Serials Librarian
- One representative from each College appointed by the Dean. Length of membership for College representatives -- staggering three year terms. College of Education & Professional Studies and College of Arts & Communication shall select on the same year. College of Letters & Sciences and College of Business & Economics shall select on the following year.
Collection Development Policy
- I. Purpose of Collection Development Policy
- II. Missions
- III. Budget Allocations
- IV. Selection Responsibility
- V. General Guidelines
- VI. Additional Guidelines
- VII. Leased Collection
- VIII. Maintenance of the Collection
- IX. Collection Evaluation
- X. Resource Sharing
- XI. Gifts
- XII. Copyright Law
- XIII. Collecting Level
- XIV. Collection Development Advisory Committee