Request for Reconsideration
Book___________ Periodical_________ Other (specify)_________
Request initiated by:__________________________________________
What bought this title to your attention?
Do you represent: Yourself______________
Other groups (please specify)_____________
To what in the work do you object: (be specific, cite pages)
Did you review the entire work? (yes/no)___________
If no, what parts?_______________________________
What do you believe is the theme of this work?
Are you aware of judgments of this work by critics in the field?
In its place, what work would you recommend that would convey as valuable a picture and perspective of the subject treated?
The Team Leaders of Andersen Library will review the complaint and take appropriate action as promptly as possible.
Collection Development Policy
- I. Purpose of Collection Development Policy
- II. Missions
- III. Budget Allocations
- IV. Selection Responsibility
- V. General Guidelines
- VI. Additional Guidelines
- VII. Leased Collection
- VIII. Maintenance of the Collection
- IX. Collection Evaluation
- X. Resource Sharing
- XI. Gifts
- XII. Copyright Law
- XIII. Collecting Level
- XIV. Collection Development Advisory Committee
- Appendix A: Examples of Reviewing Sources
- Appendix B: Electronic Library Acquisition Forms
- Appendix C: Submit a Periodical Subscription Request
- Appendix D: Preview/Examination Evaluation Form
- Appendix E: Statement on Appraisal of Gifts
- Appendix F: Library Bill of Rights
- Appendix G: Freedom to Read Statement
- Appendix H: Intellectual Freedom Statement
- Appendix I: Request for Reconsideration Form
- Appendix J: Electronic Product Evaluation Form
- Appendix K: Role of the Department Library Representative